ItalianCreationGroup, with its brands Valcucine, FontanaArte and Driade, is partner of the 2019/2020 edition of the IDEASxWOOD Design Contest, the most important international competition in the industry of wood and it is supported by ADI, FederlegnoArredo and FSC® Italia.
This is a project with a strong educational impulse designed to support the knowledge of wood and its esteem as a renewable material that’s sustainability can be planned for the future generations.
IDEASxWOOD is an international project. It’s a competition of ideas for university students and designers Under 40 that aimes at the design of geometric, organic or combined decorations according to one of the following methods:
1. aimed at the creation of multilaminar veneers;
2. aimed at the creation of industrial inlays (Graffiti Collection by Tabu) both on dyed natural veneers and on multilaminar veneers or freely assemblable;
3. aimed at the development of three-dimensional surfaces (Groovy Collection by Tabu) made with the technique of the embossed relief or the bas-relief;
4. aimed at the development of wooden surfaces for state-of-the-art boiserie (new SKEENS Collection by Tabu).
The participation in the competition is open to:
- Professionals Category: all Italian and foreign designers (a specific qualification or diploma/degree is not required) under the age of 39.
- Students Category: all Italian and foreign students of the Universities of Architecture and Engineering, Design Schools and Institutes and Fine Arts Academies.
For both categories it is allowed to participate as individual or in a group.
Projects must be uploaded to the appropriate section of the website www.ideasxwood.it
Delivery deadline: May 28th, 2020
On Thursday July 2nd 2020, the Award Ceremony will be held in Milan.